- Written by Super User Super User
- Category: Semi-column Semi-column
- Published: 30 March 2017 30 March 2017
- Hits: 85 85
2017 Search for the
Dr. Francisco O. Santos Memorial Awards
I. Short Description of the Dr. Francisco O. Santos Memorial Award
Recognizes an individual or team who has made outstanding contributions in food and nutrition research work and/or research dissemination and utilization efforts for the purpose of promoting adequate nutrition in the country;
Serves to inspire researchers to carry out outstanding food and nutrition researches and/or research dissemination and utilization activities in advancing nutrition science towards promoting adequate nutrition among the people; and,
Aims further, to promote the advancement of food and nutrition research, dissemination and utilization.
Nominees for the F.O. Santos Memorial Award must have shown outstanding contribution to the promotion of adequate nutrition in the country – through food and nutrition research that have resulted in usable knowledge in developing tools, technologies, methodologies and guidelines for nutritional assessment and evaluation, food analysis, food formulations, nutrition promotion, policy and program development.
Such contribution must have helped influence food and nutrition policy, program and services in line with national nutrition goals. The nominee must have demonstrated dedication and commitment to food and nutrition research and its promotion and utilization of results or products.
I. General guidelines in the selection of Dr. Francisco O. Santos Memorial Awards
A. Who are qualified?
1. Nominee must be a Filipino citizen.
2. Nominee must have been actively involved in food and nutrition activities, advocacies and researches.
3. Nominee must have been active PAN member or officer.
4. Nominee must have significant contribution in the advancement of food and nutrition in the country.
B. Who can nominate?
Any organization/agency or individual can nominate a person working independently or with an organization, institution or private business sector.
C. Responsibilities of the Nominee/Awardee
1. Abide by the rules and regulations of the search;
2. Attest on the factual accuracy of all supporting documents submitted in connection with my nomination.
3. Give additional information as may be required;
4. Agreed that the decision of the Board is final and executory.
5. Should he/she win, give a lecture/presentation on his/her significant accomplishment as Keynote Speaker on July 13, 2017 during the Opening Ceremonies in the PAN Annual Convention, and
6. Receive the award in person during the PAN 70th Anniversary and Annual Convention on July 13-14, 2017 at the Novotel, Gen. Aguinaldo Ave., Araneta, Cubao City.
D. Composition of Board of Judges
The Board of Judges is composed of 2 members each category of food and nutrition researchers and program experts from:
1. Government Agencies
2. Non-Government Organization
4. Private Business Sector
E. Rewards and Incentives for the Awardee
o Plaque of Recognition
o Modest cash token
F. Process of nomination
1. Fill-up nomination form
2.Submit nomination on or before 28 April 2017 to:
Dr. Mario V. Capanzana
Chair, Dr. Francisco O. Santos Memorial Awards Committee
c/o FNRI Bldg, DOST Compound
Gen. Santos Avenue, Bicutan, Taguig City
For more information, you may contact the PAN Secretariat through:
Telefax No. 839-1842